Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Woodland Santa...

I know it's early for Santa but I completed the front to my husband's stocking. I was planning to post in progress pictures but I had so little to go I figured I would just wait until it was finished. This kit is  discontinued and hard to find. I had been drooling over these on EBay but never thought I could justify the price for just wanting to do it, but then I asked my husband to get online and choose his own. We have very similar tastes apparently. : ) He liked it for the muted colors and as I mentioned before this one is unique, there are no sequins used. Where a sequin would normally go blanket stitching, running stitches or outlines stitches were used. I had a lot of fun doing this one. However, I do have to say that every time I try to make him something I fight with the materials. This was no exception. The felt was deeply stamped. The maroon was the worst. It looked as though it was drawn on with crayon the lines were so thick and hard. There are places that I really had a hard time covering the lines and had to increase the number of strands used to get a close if not complete coverage. I apologize for the washed out appearance. I took the photo with my Kindle, plus it is night time as I just finished the gingerbread man about 10 minutes ago, but I was anxious to share. I will embroider his name later when I am ready to make a liner and attach the back. Since I don't have the liner fabric yet that will be a little down the road. Once I do I will take better pictures so you can really see how pretty these colors are. Now onto the next one, which I had set aside to do this one when it came in. I didn't get very far, only have the front pieced together, embroidered and sequined waiting for the appliqueing to begin. Only down side to completing it is that it isn't for family. It just happened to be one that I thought was super cute. I plan to make up some for Etsy later so I guess it will end up going there in the end, just feel a bit guilty since I KNOW I should be working on the family stockings first.
Till next time ~

No comments:

Post a Comment