Monday, December 30, 2013

Elora's room

The Pickett Hill was so nice to work on again. I absolutely adore quarter scale. I finished dressing the bed in the little girl's room, adding the moulding to the room, I made her dollhouse, 2chairs with table and her wardrobe. The room is titled Emma's room but since this is my house and the E that will be on the wall shelf soon to be completed, I changed the name to Elora's for my daughter.
I also completed the toy kitchen and an apothecary chest for downstairs but I didn't get photos of those yet. I looked at my stash of kits for this house and I am almost done with them. So of course that means I get to plan the next quarter scale kit to do. I have a few stashed away and have two or three other kits I have been looking at, I just need to make a decision. I am leaning towards a 1930/1940 style home and have been seriously considering the Privet Drive kit by petite-properties. I have a few of heir kits already but have never had the courage to try them. Many of them require paper  clay and I am anxious about messing that up. If I go with the Privet Drive I would like to add lights, an interior staircase, and a wall in the middle hall to make a room for a small bathroom with a hint of a hallway behind it. I am also in love with Debbie Young's Charleston dollhouse. It is amazingly detailed and lit but oh so expensive. Maybe I can weasel that one in for my birthday. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment