Saturday, March 21, 2015

Restart, again

I have restarted Boreas so many times I have lost count, so I figured one more time can't hurt. The 18count oatmeal colored aida I am using for the storykeep has been so relaxing and the coverage so nice I began thinking of Boreas. I have been dreading working on it because it just hasn't been enjoyable. The amount of fabric I cut off for the storykeep left just enough to do Boreas with 2.75" all around. My floor stand and scroll frames have been torturous for me to use on this so I gave them up and have resorted to a hoop and rolling the extra fabric. There is an enormous amount of color changes in this one so over two days I have only been able to get close to finishing the first column of page 1. I do have to say this I am very happy with this, finally. Another plus, I haven't broken any needles yet.
Day 1
Day 2

On a non-stitching note I have potted a few plants to go by my front door, columbines, violas and snapdragons. Love the way these look but I have a notorious black thumb so fingers crossed they survive. I am hopeful.



No comments:

Post a Comment