Sunday, October 20, 2013

Yearly trip and a new box!

Yesterday I went to Tucson's Annual Miniature Show and Sale. For the past three years it has become a tradition for my mom and me. We make a day of it, just the two of us. She says it is her Christmas gift to me and we spend the whole day shopping and eating. I enjoy it immensely, not for the gifts, but for time we spend together, no distractions. This trip was no exception. We had a lot of fun. The show wasn'tt as great as last, but I still had fun browsing the  tables. After that we swang by Miniature Memories. I love this shop, I always find at least one thing. I found a stereo system that looks almost identical to how I remember my parents' looking. There is even a turntable on top with a cover that lifts up. I am super excited to get going on my house so I can set it up.

Our next trip was to the  mall where I found some shoes for work. I was sadly in need of a new pair. The last crafts stop was to Joanns where my mom bought me the best sewing box! It's huge! It has the nice hard plastic tray on top with many little seperated areas. But the best part is that it can hold stockings as I work on them. I love this box! She gave it to me early since I am working on stockings now.

As a surprise for my kids I brought them back each a little something. Aidan got a mould and paint your own dinosaur magnet kit and for Elora we got her plastic canvas shapes, yarn and some darning needles. I was shocked over their reaction to the plastic canvas. Aidan was more interested with that the the dinosaurs, which shocked me and Elora was all ready to start one.  Elora told me that all she needed now was a sewing box and she'd be just like me. So I hunted and I found my first sewing box that my mom got me and fixed it up for her. Aidan couldn't be left out so I moved my supplies to my new box and fixed up the old one for him. They are tickled pink with their new boxes. Elora doesn't get the concept yet but is having fun putting the needle where ever she wants it on her plastic canvas shape. Aidan on the other hand was doing great! He finished an ornament today and I couldn't be more proud.

Unfortunately I am having problems with blogger tonight and can't get pictures to upload. As soon as I can I will post them.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous you got to go to a real mini show! How sweet that your little ones want to do craft things with you:) Mine were not into crafts at all, although the little one loved when Grandma made him new pajamas!

    ReplyDelete