Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I'm back, time to catch up.

A lot has happened since my last post. In the middle of September my husband and I took a vacation to Hawaii, just the two of us. While it was a beautiful place to visit and a great experience it is definitely not someplace we'd like I live. The cost of living is too high, and while the tropical plants are interesting I missed the  landscaping I am used to. We agreed we would both rather live where the forests are comprised of different pines. We went on a Sunday and returned the following Saturday. 

Once we got home I ended up sick for two weeks with what began as a cold but turned into a wicked sinus infection. During that time I was too tired and ill to do any crafting. I also was planning my son't 6th birthday party. He had fun and received a lot of the Lord of the Rings Lego sets. He and his dad had a blast putting them together, but even more fun playing with them free they were built.

Once I was finally better I started working again on the afghans I have been crocheting. They normally don't take me long but I have hit snags with each of them. My husbands' ran out of yarn right near the end, my son's didn't have enough to begin with, so I had to place another order for more and I am still waffling on the pattern, and my daughter's is working up fast but I want to finish the other two first since they were started first.

I am also working on the train stocking again. Bucilla will be releasing some new designs in November and I have my eye on two at least. I really enjoy these kits. I think I have decided to do a rotation on the kits. For every one I finish for a family member I will do one for my Etsy shop. I have been stock piling kits I am in love with, so I really hope there are those out there who would love to have one of these stockings but don't have the time or patience to make one themselves. This is where I can come in, through me they can have a handcrafted, personalized stocking for themselves or a gift for a loved one. Not only do I have many of the new releases, I have some discontinued and vintage stockings to make up as well. All are in new condition. I have also gotten a few kits for ornaments, home decor and tree skirts. The skirts will be large projects but so worth it, they are gorgeous designs.

I wish I had a photo to share but as of yet I haven't completed anything since my return. Once I can I'll post some progress pictures and, if I'm lucky, a completed project.

3 comments:

  1. Hope you are feeling better ;) We can wait on the pictures ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feel better soon:) So wish I could crochet...ah well, maybe this winter I'll try it again:D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the get well wishes. I am all better now, thank goodness!

    ReplyDelete