Friday, September 6, 2013

Roof flop

I used card stock and made a mockup of the pointed roof idea and it looked weird. The height of the point compared to the rest of the roofline was just off. So plain flat roof it is. Although I may add a little edge trim of some kind so it's not so blah.

On a side note I am starting to plan a list of things I need to pack for our trip to Hawaii soon. I have been scouring online looking for allowed items for flight projects. I want to bring the embroidery quilt blocks I am making for Elora's bed, hey are stamped embroidery in two colors so there is no graph needed, few supplies and relatively compact to work on. I know you can't take circular thread cutters or scissors above 4in. I have seen that you can take dental floss and use that to cut your threads. I was just worried they'd confiscate any needles. I wanted to bring 2. One for use and one as a spare. Anyone know if that would be prohibited or have a personal story of not being allowed to bring them? My Aunt flew in a couple weeks ago and she said there was a woman knitting on her flight. I can't imagine embroidery needed posing more of a threat than knitting needles but I've seen crazier things.

1 comment:

  1. I have been known to use baby nail clippers for cutting my embroidery threads. Not sure you could bring those....have fun in Hawaii!

    ReplyDelete