Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Lattice continues

Last night I made another section of lattice for the side of the house and have decided not to continue with another for the front. Instead I will just make the brick steps large enough to cover the section I left undone. The lattice was much better spaced this time but all three are different and that bothers me. So I will be working with winter landscapes and accessories to draw the eye away from the differences. I also talked over the tower roof with my husband and we both thought a pointed roof, rather than a flat top would look nicer and be a perfect place for the weathervane I've always wanted to add. I haven't figured out how I will accomplish that yet but I am working on it.

Now off the craft topic, my daughter has what my son is still trying to get over. Right now she is napping but she has a temp of 100.1 an I hate that. She can barely breathe with her nose being both stuffy and runny at the same time. I hope her nap helps in the healing.

2 comments:

  1. Ah germ share...one of my least favorite memories of when my kids were small. I used to just put a smear of Vicks under their nose to help them breathe. Love the pointed roof idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I rubbed children's Vicks on their chests and since Elora was worse I also put it on the bottom of her feet with socks. No idea why but that has always worked. I thought it was an old wives tale but Then once I was sick and figured it couldn't hurt. What a difference!

      Delete