Monday, September 2, 2013

The end of a nice weekend

My son is sick with what appears to be a cold and possible start of laryngitis. He sounds terrible but he seems to be feeling fine otherwise. My daughter had the same thing a little over a week ago. I pray he feels better in the morning.

This weekend was great! Friday night I shared a sleep over with my kids at their my parents so I could visit my aunt from out of town. They try to make it possible for her to come visit once a year and I really look forward to it. Saturday we went home and the start of Aidan's cold began. We spent dinner with my parents and then headed home.

Sunday Aidan's cold was getting a little worse. We played Sorry and he watched a movie with his dad and sister while I snuck away to play with my dollhouse, pictures of that work was posted yesterday. Today, Aidan sounds horrible. We played some more Sorry and tried to get him to rest, but telling a five year old to rest because they are sick is like talking to a wall. Makes me nervous when you hear them trying to breathe because they are stuffy. Vapor baths are wonderful but it made his voice even worse. I think it's because it got things moving.

I worked on my dollhouse again off and on throughout the day. This morning I got the roof on but tonight I glued the tower together, minus that roof and I painted the balcony railing on one side and based the other. In this picture the finished railing is drying, thus the wood corner shoved beneath it as a spacer. I am so close to finished on the exterior construction and then I can move to the interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment