Monday, November 4, 2013

1.5 legs?

Another progress update on the Santa and Frosty stocking. This weekend I finished stitching the snowman's body, scarf and 1.5 of the legs on Santa. This is a very adorable kit and I love working on it. It is going together fairly quickly. I just realized that I took this photo before the legs were started. I live the snowman's face, so sweet.

On a different topic I am considering teaching myself to quilt. Sewing machines intimidate me so I want to try hand piecing and quilting. I have found some wonderful tutorials online and videos to watch so I am drinking in as much knowledge as I can. I mentioned it to my husband and he seemed to like the idea. He even told me if I want to make a quilt set for our bed he would like to request one that matches these lanterns we found at the World Market. The little doors open for tea lights to set inside and they are beautiful when lit. It may be awhile enforce I attempt a queen size quilt with matching shams though. I was thinking of a Christmas wall hanging quilt first. So I will be browsing the magazine section next trip to the store I see if there is one that looks interesting. It's not like I need another hobby but at least this one I can say has a purpose.

1 comment:

  1. You do these so quickly! Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday:) Be warned...quilting takes up a LOT of space. I machine-quilt with my regular sewing machine, no room for a floor stand, and I enjoy it. I made some Christmas lap throws for my sisters-in-law one year. It's a nice small project, and there are some adorable Christmas fabrics out there.

    ReplyDelete