Sunday, November 24, 2013

Wish granted...

I was lucky enough to have another great weekend like last time. This time the weather was perfect! Cold, rainy and cloudy. I love the rain and am convinced I live in the wrong climate. I am not a desert woman. We got our Christmas tree up and decorated.

It looks great, and the kids had fun hanging ornaments. This is wothout the lights on. We stayed home except last night for dinner. Had Chinese at our favorite Chinese restaurant. 

I did get a little crafting in but because of something going on with my hand now, I was limited to what I could do without it hurting. I finally went to the doctor last week for it. It has slowly been getting worse. I believe it started last Christmas or thereabouts, but it would come and go, now it's steadily getting worse. There seems to be a lump in my wrist which doesn't appear on the X-rays taken but you can see it on the outside. At first they thought ganglion cyst but the mass is hard. The pain moves around my wrist and into my hand and fingers. Sometimes cramping while trying to do something simple like using a pencil or peeling a potato, to the point I can't hold onto to whatever it is. Very annoying. Only lately it is interfering with my crafts such as crocheting, so I decided to get it checked. The X-ray came back normal and he recommends an ultra sound if further examination is needed. I hope they don't just blow it off because it isn't bone. I am also hoping it is something easily fixed with rest or splinting. Unfortunately I am right handed, it's the right hand causing issues and my job revolves around the use of the ten key pad and typing which is practically impossible to do with one hand, let alone my left. Oh well, nothing to worry about now until I know more. It's more of a nuisance I guess. What's a bit of pain, huh? If it's not one thing it's another with me. Poor husband, i don't think he  realized the vows would have such an emphasis on "in sickness" when we got married. Thank God he has stuck it through.

As to what I was able to do, it's cross stitching, everything else is to awkward one handed or impossible left handed so I pulled out a cross stitch sampler I have had stockpiled away, put it on a lap frame and started it this weekend. Not to shabby, if I do say so myself. This is just half of the top border.

No comments:

Post a Comment