Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Quilting mania

I have been reading up on quilting, watching videos and planning. I have so many projects going right now and ones that I need to do that I really shouldn't be looking into starting a new hobby, but there you go. All of these blogs and videos out there are way to inspiring for me to resist. I plan to use my daughter's twin bunk bed as my first attempt. It may not be considered true quilting or not but it's my plan. I have 18" quilt blocks that get embroidered, which i started last year but stopped after one block, and I want to alternate those with regular pieced blocks. I found a block I like on a video. I couldn't find the pattern used, only that they said it was a version of an Ohio Star block. It's super pretty and I think it will be relatively easy to do. I sketched up the pattern to work for an 18" block and am excited to finish all the embroidered blocks so I can start the pieced ones. Following this obssession I started reading a new series called the Elm Creek Quilters. I just finished the first one and I really enjoyed it. Started the second book last night.

As to those projects waiting to be finished here is a list of those:

11 stocking fronts for family to be stitched including the one I am working on now, 3 stockings to be lined and backed

2 spools of cotton yarn to make dishcloths for our house.

1 crocheted bearded beanie for my nephew, 1 hat/scarf for my niece. 2 crochet hats for a lady at work.

4 crochet blankets, (1 has 4inches more to go and the others I need to finish they are barely started.)

My dollhouse and HAED design need some work but as those are long term projects for myself they get put on the back burner.

Elora's quilt, here's a picture of he block I am working on. I have one finished already. 

Finally, a plastic canvas Barbie dream house. I finished the living room a few years ago as well as the foundation. Unfortunately the foundation was crushed in the move so now I have to make a new one. This past weekend I picked  it up again as Elora is now of the age to really love playing with it. I am almost done stitching the pieces to hallway and then I just need to construct it. That just leaves the foundation, kitchen, upper hall, bathroom, bedroom and attic. : / 

Getting my projects finished is my goal and early new year's resolution. No more new projects till at least half of these are done. Problem with these is after I have been crocheting awhile my hand cramps and needs a break so I stitch for awhile then those muscles start hurting so I go to a different type I project. It's a big circle but eventually I finish. It just takes forever. I need to focus though. I'm just unsure which project needs to take priority over another. They are all important to me. Too bad I couldn't spend all day crafting instead of working LOL. Life would be so much more fun that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment