Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Happy Early Birthday to me!

I got the notification today that my Charleston kit was shipped. When I got home tonight it was waiting for me, amazing! I was expecting a 4-6 week delivery time frame in case they were at a show  or something else. I have already opened the box and am amazed at the number of pieces in it. Even doing the Pickett Hill hadn't prepared me for this but I am truly looking forward to the challenge. This house will be extremely detailed and gorgeous. It doesn't come with lights, as that would cause the cost to increase. So I am going to sit down and plan out the light placements and order some LEDs from Evans designs. I have used them before and love them. Rather than attempting ceiling light fixtures I think I will do indirect lighting instead. Placing bulbs discreetly in the corners should do the trick. I also will be slowly buying the furniture for each room in advance of building. Until I do a dry fit I won't know for sure, but I have a feeling this house will be much easier to decorate as I go. 

Fortunately, I do have more than one kit waiting to be built. I am more determined now than ever before to build the Avalon.  It will give me practice before I attempt the Charleston.
I did start the Snowdrop Cottage by Petite-Properties over the weekend. I have the basic structure built, interior walls and ceiling painted. I am contemplating adding lights to this one too. I just have to figure out how to hide the wires and switch. 

For the hat shop so far I only have one hat decorated. This will be an ongoing project, lol. I am also trying to decide on the cross stitch project for while my right hand is healing. I have some huge HAED designs but I need something small for my lap stand. I'll keep looking through my stash.

2 comments:

  1. Oooooo! I am so jealous right now...I've been drooling over this house too:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had been drooling for a long time and was getting anxious that if I didn't act soon it would be discontinued. That is what happened with her John F Craig house I wanted. I'm still kickin myself over that one.

      Delete