Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Yoga for weight loss?

Well I have decided it is about time I picked up a form of exercise. I bought myself a mat and DVD called Yoga for Weight Loss. I assumed yoga would be a non intense way to get started but I really didn't see how it could work to help weight loss or get in shape....boy was I wrong. This work out is perfect for me. My family and friends can attest that I am not the most coordinated, balanced or flexible person around so I thought the slow pace would be helpfully. There aren't any fast movements or lots of choreographed steps that can cause more injury then not, but I can definitely feel a difference. Right now there are two positions I can't do because of my wrist. The day after my first attempt I could feel my muscles sore as though I had done hardcore gym exercises and I could feel it in muscles I wasn't even aware were getting a work out. A bonus i think his will help me become more balanced and coordinated. Overall I am very happy with it, had my heart going, broke a sweat and muscles quivering. Who would have thought simply getting into a position and then holding it could be so effective? I hope that this isn't something that I say I'm going to do, make two tries and then never do again. If I have surgery it will be on hold but I am hoping that the treadmill my hubby may be able to get from a friend at work comes through. I don't like walking outside. I have a light sensitivity that sometimes can trigger migraines, doesn't help I live in sunny Arizona. Plus being Arizona, once summer hits I really don't want to walk in 115 degree weather so a treadmill seems like a great way to go. I had bought an easy glider but I was getting motion sick from the swaying that I gave it to my mom, who loves it. This post is definitely not my usual topic but there you go, just had to share.

No comments:

Post a Comment