Sunday, February 23, 2014

"You take the good, you take the bad

And there you have, the Facts of Life!" The Fact of Life was a show I grew up watching re-runs of. I loved it! I was psyched to find the very short season 1 for $5.00 at Walmart and of course snatched it up in a fit of nostalgia. I miss shows like this. Clean television I won't be afraid of my children watching. The headmistress, played by Charlotte Rae, was one of my favorites. I love her voice. I even own the worst witch in which she plays Mrs Cackle. LOL This DVD  got me thinking about all the different shows I used to watch that always left me smiling. Designing Women and the Golden Girls are among them. I know I am a bit young for the Golden Girls but I always loved watching them with my mom and they are hilarious women. I am seriously considering buying these series so I can have them when I want a bit of my childhood to remember. While tormenting my husband by making him watch a few episodes if The Facts of Llife  (he did find it funny and was surprised by the issues addresses) I did get a bit more completed on Pansies. MAde my way all the way to the top and now I will fill it in as I work my way back down to the bottom. This seems to be working up very quickly. At least for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment