Monday, March 10, 2014

HAED take two

A few months ago I had started a Heaven and Earth Design chart titled Moon lit Waters by Julie Fain. I love this picture, however, after starting it I wasn't happy with the thread coverage. Too much white was peaking through the black stitches and it looked messy that way to me. So off the frame it went and I hadn't touched it or another HAED since. Lately though, with working on Pansies, they started calling to me again. I started browsing their website (dangerous I know) and ended up purchasing multiple charts. Madame Fae by Annie Stagg (looks like an older version of my daughter so I HAD to buy it ; )), Pysche Opening the Golden Box by John Waterhouse, Cupid's Garden also by John Waterhouse, Magic Witch by Sarah Butcher and (my favorite one) 12 Dancing Princesses by Kinuko Y. Craft Arts. This last one is absolutely breathtaking and I can barely wait to start it. I bought the dancing princess's in a hard copy so I have to wait for it to arrive. In my defence they were all on sale. I calculated how many years it will take me to actually finish these and I should be set for the rest of my life. LOL 

After making my purchases I decided to stitch Boreas by John Waterhouse, which I already had in my stash. This is the one that my husband loves. I bought new fabric in mushroom, 28 count and am working 1 over 1. Next one I do I will not be going quite this small. My goodness it is tiny! Either that or I got way too used to 14 & 18 count fabrics. The color is perfect though. Even if it tries to peak through it isn't so stark that it attracts the eyes to it. I also decided to grid my fabric and that is really helpful. I used easy count gridline for the top portion but I think I will be changing to sulky metallic threads for the rest as I have read that they are cheaper and finer than the easy count. At least one person had trouble of the stitches being distorted after the easy count was removed because it seems too big for such small count fabric. I haven't gotten very far, comparatively, so I think I will remove as I go to avoid that and then when I need to grid the next section use the sulky. I gridded Saturday and got a little stitching done:

And I stitched more on Sunday: 
The top photo is more true to color than the bottom. We had family over Sunday, including my Dad so Pansies was hidden away giving me the perfect excuse to work on Boreas. My husband wants me to finish the cross stitch that matches the one I did of the kids, so we can hang them together. This will mean I have 3 cross stitch projects going at once. I also have a stocking in progress but that type of sewing really hurts my wrist now. Hopefully he surgery will cure that. I am trying not I feel guilty about all the projects going on at once. I don't know why I have that reaction to something that isn't harmful and makes me happy. I am just hoping that when 12 Dancing Princesses arrives I have the strength to resist. So my WIP count To date is 3 cross stitch, 1 felt stocking, a plastic canvas Barbie house, a 12thscale dollhouse and the interior of a quarter scale hat shop. Compared to how this list use to look I am getting better.


No comments:

Post a Comment