Friday, March 14, 2014

An addiction called HAED

Last night I got a handful of stitches put into Boreas, I am still finding my way to the best way to stitch for me. I tend to stitch cross country with projects, at least going until that strand of floss runs out, then returning to he original starting place and choosing another color to go with. At first I was starting and stopping as I have seen others do but the back was getting super bulky. So I went back to my  regular ways. I have also decided that for confetti stitches as long as there is that color in the adjacent block I will continue. I think this will also help everything lay smoothly on the back. It's working up and the stitches are so tiny! I promised myself the next project I do would be on a larger count fabric. Of course immediately after I started thinking about Moon Lit Waters again and thought "what the heck, I already have 3 what harm can one more do". So I went through my stash in search of a fabric that might work and I came across a 32 count Jobelan in a milked coffee color (not sure what the real color name is bit coffee works for me) and it is just the right size. I did a test block in the far corner of two over one in tent stitch and the coverage was perfect. Sooooo the fabric is currently in my travel bag to be gridded. This afternoon I will be on the hunt for some metallic thread or super light weight fishing line to grid with. Once it is gridded it will become my next (or concurrent) travel project. I prefer working on my scroll frame but I have really been wanting to work on HAED outside the house. This will answer that wish. Plus this one is for me so if I totally screw up doing it this way only one hurt will be myself. I already have all the threads kitted up from last time, pattern is printed and I am ok right now with all the black. It will also be a nice to rotate between Boreas which is confetti heavy and Moon Lit Waters which (for now) is much lighter on the confetti. I would post a pic from last night but there really isn't enough to show yet. Maybe later tonight I will have something to show for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment