Wednesday, March 19, 2014

A new start and decision to make..

Yesterday I started Moon Lit Waters a HAED pattern based on Julie Fain's art work. I  am using 32 count lambs wool Jobelan with 2 over 1 in tent stitch. This fabric is so much easier to work with than the 28count even weave I started Boreas on. I am having a hard time seeing the holes on Boreas, the fabric sort of blurs the threads together. It's a beautiful fabric but I think it would be better suited for 2 over 2 cross stitching. The tent stitching is much faster and with two strands of floss the coverage is perfect. This really has me considering starting Boreas over on another piece of 32 count Jobelan I have. In less than 2 hours of stitching time I was able to complete just over 800 stitches. Granted I was only using 2 colors so that rate would go down with multiple color changes but it was still a good start. Here it is, although it does look like one solid amount of black thread there is a mix of 310 DMC black and 939 DMC Midnight blue. 

No comments:

Post a Comment