Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Paperless Paper Dolls

Yesterday, I had my follow-up appointment on my wrist. The tear was more extensive than they originally thought and he also removed a cyst that was hiding. Everything looks good so far. Still very sore and stiff, but it is getting better slowly.

Of course the appointment was in Tucson which now has a wonderful Hobby Lobby. I try to make a point of going to the large craft stores any time I am in Tucson because, besides appointments lately, I seldom am there. This trip was especially fruitful as I came across a book of plastic canvas paper dolls, thus the paperless paper doll title. These dolls are absolutely adorable and I just had to grab the book and supplies, the best part was all the supplies I wanted were between 20-30% off and I had a 40% off coupon for the book. I have always liked paper dolls but have been reluctant to buy any for my daughter yet as at her age I knew tearing would be a problem, but this solves that. The dolls are stitched and then lined with felt and strategically placed velcro that will line up with the stitched clothing that have bendable tabs with the corresponding Velcro. 
When I got home I found they had another e-book with additional clothing, toys and 1 more doll pattern. I started work earlier this night on the first doll. I showed my daughter her choices and she chose the one from the e-book because she had long hair. She requested the hair be changed from black to brown and she wanted one blue eye and one green. I convinced her to have matching eyes and she chose blue. So here is my progress. I am hoping to have the doll and at least an outfit or two done by her birthday party. I hope she likes them once they are made.
And here is the e-book I am using in case anyone is interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment