Friday, April 18, 2014

Sooo sleepy

Yesterday, I had surgery on my right wrist. The surgeon removed a cyst and cleaned up the tear of my TFCC. I requested to not be awake during it because I know I would not be a very good patient if I was awake when they were making my arm numb. I did wake up halfway through the surgery so I was able to watch part of it on the monitor they were using for the scope. It was definitely an interesting experience. I don't have issues with the actual surgery it is the needles I don't handle at all. The pain medicine they gave me has made me super tired though. All I have done since then is sleep. Work has tried to convince me that it is no big deal and I should be able to return in a few days. I don't think that will happen. My job consists of constant typing and untill I can work at 95-100% capacity I will be taking the time to recuperate properly. I know I will not have help if I go back early  and I am right handed so doing everything with my left just isn't an option. Just writing this has taken much longer than normal. 

I am really looking forward to getting back to putting together my Bucilla felt kits again. I had stopped in the middle of one because it was hurting too much, but I really do enjoy them. So I started a list of all the projects I want to finish, and even more I want to start, so I better heal fast  so I can get cracking. : ) For now, I am going back to sleep....

No comments:

Post a Comment