Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Storykeep and other, update

I was working pretty consistently on the storykeep but I did eventually get bored of all those greens. Here are a few updated photos.
Day 13
Day 14
Day 15
Day 16 or the day boredom set in.

At this point I needed a bit of color, something different. So, I pulled out a WIP. It's a Stoney Creek pattern called Fright Night Friends and it is a cute Halloween bellpull. I was aiming for color and laughed when I picked it up to find the first thing to stitch next was a white ghost. He came out super cute I think. 


This was my weekend project and it worked. It cured my boredom. The next letter has a pumpkin sign that uses a lot of  glow in the dark threads. I may have to purchase more to finish them, also I found I was missing a color. So back into the WIP pile it went. I need to check my supplies to the list before continuing. Fortunately though, this little tangent brought back my desire to work on the storykeep as well as Boreas. I pulled that out last night and got just a tiny bit of stitching done.
And just as little done today.
I think I will keep the storykeep a my travel project and Boreas for my home project till one or the other demands my full attention. Boreas takes a lot longer than the other HAED because of all the color changes and I was attempting to show my son how to cross stitch. He has really been interested in learning.






No comments:

Post a Comment