Sunday, April 14, 2013

Five Days of Stitching

Well my first day of the resolution, stitching while on break at work, went really swell. I set my phone on a timer and sat out in my car and stitched. I got quite a lot accomplished, or so I thought. Mr. Frog paid me a visit once I was home and I ended up frogging everything I had put in minus a stitch or two. Ooops. I persevered though and continued with the pattern. After that day though I am afraid the resolution for stitching at work was dropped. I thought about trying again but I feel so guilty it's not very enjoyable. No idea why I should feel guilt when I have ladies at work who take multiple mini breaks throughout the day to smoke, which I bet if I were to add up come out to more than the 2 sets of the 15 allotted and I'm not polluting the air with my breaks. Anywhooo, here is a progress picture after 5 days. I really wish I was a speed stitcher like some bloggers out there but I have to give my self credit for getting as far as I have. I have only every finished 2 cross stitch designs before. One was a pillow I made in my teens for my mom and the other was a wedding sampler for my parents. Neither of those were very involved. I have been stitching in any free time I can snag, which is usually 5-10 minutes at a time before getting interrupted. I did have one night, after the kids and everyone else was asleep that I stitched in bliss for 1.5 hours straight. It was lovely! Absolute silence, in my crafty chair with nothing to think about except the next stitch. It was very relaxing and I may start aiming for that more often, I got quite a bit accomplished that night. In this picture it's hard to see the white on white stitches of the pillow under the lil' girl's head. I am debating whether I should finish all four pages of cross stitching and then do the back-stitching, or back stitch after each page is completed. Hmmmm. I plan on switching back to the Sleepy Hollow if I start to get bored of this one. I am debating on that one whether or not I want to out line all of the grey borders or not. I did one little section and it is hardly noticeable. I may just back stitch everything but that.  Again more decision making... ~Till next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment