Monday, April 15, 2013

Page One Finished (mostly...)

I completed page one and have moved to page two. Also, I decided to wait until all of the cross stitching is complete, take a photo and then do the backstitching and take an after photo. I'm truly looking forward to the transformation from blurry colors to defined picture. My DH agrees that they look exactly like cartoon version of my kids and suggested that I add their birthdates beneath their names and I think that is a perfect idea. So I will be adjusting the words above the boy into my son't info and beneath the girl I will add my daughter's.

For awhile now (only since before the wedding) I have been on the lookout for a wedding sampler or anniversary sampler to commemorate the day, but nothing has ever been right. Then along comes SODA an I now have the perfect pattern. It isn't a wedding/anniversary category but it is us just the same. It is called Full of Love and Sunshine. A couple sitting together, the man's arm around the lady, her head on his shoulder, he's reading and she is stitching. Just perfect. I will add some space beneath the pattern for the date and possibly our name.

On a stash hoarding front, I have even reading Spinster Stitcher's blog and have been spying all kinds of projects I want to try. They aren't cross stitch but similar. Canvas work by Laura J Perin and a pattern called Stars of the New Millennium. Although, I may have to wait till my skills are up to par before jumping in with both feet (from what I've seen they are stitched on stretcher bars and I have never seen those in real life so no clue how to use them) but once I figure out the basics I may be in trouble.

I must note that the Spinster Stitcher's blog is absolutely entertaining! I have had to start from the beginning in 2008 just to get my fill and so far am up to 2010. I have been reading this like it is the next best seller and in my honest option it is right up there. There have been times that I have literally laughed out loud, (which can be awkward when you are on break at work and they already think you're a bit strange because your office is as dark as a cave because the fluorescents are WAY too bright and you come in cheery and giddy when it is cloudy and rainy outside, and now you are randomly cackling from said dark office like a mad woman) but it has been worth it to follow along with her and Stewey.
~Till next time

No comments:

Post a Comment