Sunday, April 7, 2013

Starts and Stops

I finished the Celtic knot afghan I was making for my mother-in-law and I think it was a hit. As I only had a few minutes after it was completed to wrap it I only got one quick shot. I really wish I had had the time to take some better photos. It was the first time I had ever tried this type of crocheting and first time I have done tassels.
 
I haven't worked much on the felt stocking since I was rushing to finish the afghan. I am definitely a Bucilla fan now. The Janlynn kit is excruciating. Some of the pieces are too big for the areas they are meant for and have needed to be trimmed down so they don't look crude and bulky. I have come across multiple pieces that have been miss numbered. If this was my first stocking I don't believe I would have continued. I am counting down the stitches till I can start a different one.
 
In the meantime I have revisited an old WIP. A Halloween sampler of the Headless Horseman. I began this either last year or the year before. I think it was last year right at the time of my surgery. I grew a bit bored of only working on cross-stitch at which point I had to switch to something else for awhile. After browsing blogs and seeing all of the wonderful cross -stitchers out there I really wanted to finish this so I can start a new project free of guilt. One for myself this time. I left off  with the bottom section empty. I did the words tonight it is has really renewed my desire to keep finish. I tend to have to take breaks on large projects because if I continue when I'm not in the mood I will mess it up.
Till next time ~

Edit: I realized as I was stitching the start of the bottom border I screwed up somewhere and the last line is off halfway by one stitch. I've been told it's not noticeable but I may have to make adjustments just so it doesn't drive me crazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment