Sunday, May 19, 2013

3 down, 1 to go

I finished my phone case Friday evening. It's not a perfect fit and it is a little wavy but I think it had a lot to do with my tension. All in all I enjoyed it and am happy with the results.

My second accomplishment and title of this post, I finished page 3 of 4 on Aidan and Elora's picture and have started working on page 4. I have really liked working on this one. I'm not surprised that it will be finished before Sleepy Hollow. Once I have that done I will continue work on Sleepy Hollow and I will be dragging out the yarn for my son's blanket. Every time we are near the yarn section at the store he hunts for a green yarn and reminds me that he really wants me to make him one.

I had a slight accident with my needle keeper this morning. I was enjoying the morning, sitting out back drinking a cup of coffee, stitching and watching the kids play. When I got up to make breakfast the magnet stuck to the metal board I keep my pattern on and it kept the back magnet while the front decorative part was pulled free with the hoop and flung against the sidewalk. The magnet glued to the back popped off. I was so worried that the front piece had suffered some damage but luckily it did not. A few minutes heating up the glue gun and I am back to working order and you can hardly tell there was any issue unless you study the back piece. All's well that ends well, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment