Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Day two

After work I finished the embroidery on the face, blushed the cheeks and added the hat trim with holly leaves and berries. Not to shabby for so short a time. I really should start a stopwatch during my stitching so I can see how long it really takes me. Speaking as a day it is pretty minor but an hour or two it's pretty good.

I also decided that I do enjoy my breaks at work and my day goes better when I have a small project I can do on them (got over that stressful feeling i had the first time). So last night I set up a project on the go bag. I have selected a book of ornaments as my first try. I haven't done any of these before but they are really cute. Another new thing for me this time is I am trying these without hoops and instead of taping, and wasting fabric, so the ends don't fray, I have overcast the edges. I like the look and the less bulky feel it gives. I am holding final judgement till the end so I can see if it really works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment