Friday, May 24, 2013

Memorial Day weekend=extra stitching time

Woohoo! I love Holiday weekends that result in extra days off for me. More time to finish projects, relax with the kids and generally do what I want. Not much different than any other weekend except it lasts longer. I was soooo close last night to finishing all the full cross stitches on A&E (Aidan and Elora for short). Started watching Sherlock last night (I now have a crush on Watson, which means I also have a crush on a Hobbit...strange) and was whipping through at a fine pace when I somehow misplaced my white floss. I hadn't moved from that spot when it just disappeared. Still haven't been able to locate it so I raided my stash for another skein. By that time it was too late to continue. So my goal this weekend is to finish A&E including back stitching. I probably shouldn't set a goal, since every weekend I have done that something comes up that makes it impossible, but I'm stubborn maybe this time it'll work.

I have also been giving some thought to the stocking I was working on before getting easily distracted with anything and everything just so I wouldn't have to work on it. The conclusion is, I will not be finishing it. I know that many people find Janlynn kits easier but this kit has fought me every step of the way and has turned something that I was truly enjoying into something I dreaded. So, sucking up the fact that I paid for it, I will be repackaging it and storing it till I have forgotten how much I hated it (if that time ever comes), and I will choose a new stocking from my ever growing stash to replace it. Since I never told the recipient which one was to be theirs I figure changing a new one isn't too big a deal. I have also made the decision that I will never buy another Janlynn stocking kit again, Bucilla all the time for this diehard fan. (Just so you know this doesn't mean I hate the Janlynn brand, on the contrary, I love their cross stitch patterns just not their stockings)

I will leave you with a progress picture of A&E as of last night. Don't mind he quality, iPhone at night doesn't equal award winning photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment