Sunday, May 26, 2013

Finished!

Wow, two finishes in one month. I think that is a record for me. I was upset to see how dirty it was when I removed it from the hoop. There is also a hoop outline. I hand washed, machine washed on delicate, air dried and ironed but to no avail. The hoop line is still there. I have decided when I frame it I will get a frame with a matt that has a round cut out. This way it will never be seen and I will be able to display it. I was hoping to add their names but I never found a letter style or placement I liked so I left them off. A second plan is to scrapbook the letters on the Matt in the frame but we shall see how that looks.

After this I emptied my sewing box of the previous stocking fiasco and have opened a new Bucilla stocking kit to do instead. I sorted the floss and sequins, ironed the felt, cut them to fit in my box and generally got everything set for me to start the actual sewing tomorrow. I was planning to do that tonight but after finishing A&E, spending the morning outside with my kids, taking them to see Epic and then having a cookout I am too exhausted to do any sewing tonight. It was a great day and I am really happy I have one more day before having to go back to work.

Without further ado here is the completed A&E, straight from the hoop.

1 comment: