Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Day 3, or 4 hours total

Speaking in terms of days makes it seem like a really long time but when I estimate the total amount of time spent working on the stocking I think I am at about 4 hours, maybe a bit more. When I stitch it's not exclusive stitching time. I have two wonderful kids to be with so it is often, sew a line, tickle time, add a row of sequins, get drinks or make dinner. You get the picture.

What brought upon this sudden need to work on the stocking you ask? On my way back to work from lunch today I pressed play on the CD player in the car and Johnny Mathis came on. It was after listening for a few seconds that I had the urge to work on a stocking kit again. I have come to the realization that I have conditioned myself. The last time I really listened to Johnny Mathis was last year during my 6 stocking stint and the sound of the music brought back that need to work with a felt kit. So I started thinking a bit more and have figured out the following, listening to Paramour makes me want to work on miniatures, old tv shows and period pieces make me want to stitch, Johnny Mathis makes me want to work on stockings or other felt kits, Swinging on a Star by Bibg Crosby makes me want to paint ceramics, Avril Lavine makes me want to tole paint, and Little House on the Prairie makes me want to work on Plastic Canvas. LOL I guess whatever I am watching or listening to at the time of starting a craft sticks with me and then when I hear or see it later I have the urge to do another. So, here's a progress picture brought about by Johnny Mathis.

No comments:

Post a Comment