Monday, June 3, 2013

Summer Fun

We had a very enjoyable weekend. Saturday, we rested all day. The only crafting I did was to iron the wrinkles from my fabric for Moonlit Waters and blanket stitch the edges in hopes that the fabric won't unravel. I am thinking I will still give it a gentle touch of Fray Check, too. I also started adding the grid with Easy Count Gridline nylon thread. It feels very much like fishing line but in a bright red. I have about 1/3 of the Horizontal lines done. It is taking awhile but I figure this little amount of time (in comparison to the time it'll take to actually stitch) will save me a lot of heartache and trouble later.

Sunday, we had a cookout with both our families and took the kids swimming. It was a long evening full of laughing, good food, and great people. I had a blast. It didn't break up till a little after 9pm so I didn't get much stitching done at all. Maybe two Gridline rows and 3-4 rows of the moon on Sleepy Hollow. The whole day was an impromptu going away party for my husband, since he left Monday morning, training for work in Georgia. It's better than last time as he will only be gone till Friday night, instead of 3 weeks like last time. He will probably enjoy the little bit of quiet but I miss him already.

I don't have much to show but here is a picture of the grid lines in progress .

No comments:

Post a Comment