Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Dance!

Sleepy Hollow is all stitched! Two Friday nights ago I was determined to be done with it already. It had been over a year from the time I started and I really wanted to start Moonlit Waters and since I only seem to have the one frame I had to be finished before I could. I made the decision not to add the beads to the border but I will add them to the horseman's vest. It is the only thing left to do before framing. That will be awhile since we have found a place to rent. Money will be tight and we will be on a budget till the end of this year but it will be worth it to have a place of our own again.

It is wonderful the way things work out. The day we decided to look for a rental and see what things cost here, my sister-in-law contacted me to say they would be moving from the house they are renting and the owners had asked if they knew anyone interested. Perfect timing. The sudden expense will be a bit difficult to scrounge together as we had not planned to move so soon but my husband and I feel it is possible if we tighten our belts a bit. I am excited as we should be moved in before my son starts kindergarten and before the holidays. It will be tough as it is on the kids as they have really only been at my parents, due to my foot issues. First it was broken and then they found the tumor. I couldn't drive seeing as it was my right foot, so we had to stay with them for quite some time. My son had already told me he isn't moving till he's 27. I talked to my daughter last night about it and she seemed to be good with it. She did ask my husband that when we move it means she gets a dog,right? LOL too funny.

I started Moonlit Waters and was surprised how fast it is working up. Although at his point I am only using two colors, black and a midnight blue that is almost black. Thank God that I decided to grid. There is no way I would have been able to do this without it. I have had to frog once but fortunately, because of the grid line, I caught it within 10 stitches. What a life saver. Here it is at 63 stitches and again at a little over 600. That is two days of working in it.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on a finished project and a new house! I hope it has some room for you to get out your minis if the mood strikes:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will have the room for me to do my mini minis ; ) not a whole room for it oike before, but at least it is my place so I won't feel guilty leaving a project out while I work on it over a few days. I am getting excited the closer we get.

    ReplyDelete