Friday, July 5, 2013

Half way there

I hope everyone had a wonderful 4th of July. Yesterday was a very busy day and I am exhausted. We planned to spend all day unpacking and moving the final bits from my parents house into ours, so this weekend we can move our bedroom furniture. Sometime around 2 we got a call asking what we were doing for the fourth. Plans were changed and everyone was coming to our house to grill and watch the fireworks. We have the perfect view from our front yard and the past few years we've had the 4th of July at Ricci and Eric's. I wanted to continue the tradition but I didn't think it would be this soon LOL. We had absolutely no food or drinks besides bottle water. Nothing in the lines of anything that is edible as we haven't gone shopping yet. I was in a panic. After frantically unpacking as much as possible, clearing out the boxes and straightening as much we could everyone arrived. The kitchen, bathroom, living room, dining room and kid's room are finished. Fortunately they were prepared for us to have nothing and they brought everything. The food was great! The kids had a blast and their bedroom was a hit. Neither of them wanted to go back to my parents. I hope that feeling lasts. Sitting in the front watching the fireworks, with the kids laying on a blanket in the yard for the perfect view, and our family all around us it finally hit me we are home. It feels right. I was afraid it would feel awkward with Ricci and Eric but they seem truly happy for us, and having their own home built is probably helpful. Now we only have our bedroom, our office/bedroom and my craft/clothes closet to finish. But first I'm taking a nap after work, I need a break : )

No comments:

Post a Comment