Monday, July 29, 2013

Ornament 2

I painted this little bear soldier over the weekend nights. I've come to realize it is much easier to paint once the kids are asleep. Elora saw what I was starting and said in her sweet way "I want to help, pick me up." Who could resist that!? So up on my lap she went and she helped me base the bear. When we were done, she looked up at me and said "I'm a good helper, what do we do next?" LOL. Too precious. So the bear was finished during nap time and once she was asleep for the night. I want to get those little ceramic paint sets for kids so that she and her brother won't feel left out when I paint. Till then painting will be delegated to late nights.

And for those of you who may read this in hopes I will begin my miniatures again I can tell you I have plans in the works. I promised my husband last night that I would only have one large dollhouse in our house. Until we either move or I build myself a studio. So I am debating between 2 kits by The House That Jack Built, Cheryl's Place or Holly Ann. I'll keep you posted. At the moment I am leaning towards the Holly Ann for two reasons, 1) my parents gave it to me for Christmas and 2) it has more rooms to fill so that 1 house can last awhile. : )

2 comments:

  1. I can't blame you for not being able to resist:) My vote is for the Holly Ann; I almost caved and got it from Tuesday morning when they had it. More rooms is always better, plus I'm sure4 your mom would like to see you fill it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going with the Holly Ann. That was where my mom got it from actually because the price was so inexpensive! And I'm soooo glad she did because the wood is beautiful. I'm going to see about scoring the wood for flooring rather tan covering it up. Plus with more rooms and having the Victorian accents it''l be more detailed and take longer, at least I hope so.

    ReplyDelete