Monday, July 15, 2013

Still not done!

That "almost" finished sure is dragging. Lol. Every room except the office/craft/future bedroom are finished. I am half done with that straggler room, at least my art table is all set up. I have been taking a break from working on it as my foot is killing me when I am on it. Just doing the everyday walking of making meals, doing laundry, and general easy housework are causing it to ache, burn and throb. It is as close to feeling like it did the first time I broke it, except this time I haven't done anything it. My next follow up is in November so in the meantime when I am at home I wear the boot. It seems to help some so far.

So while I complain and in general moan about my foot I have been working a little on unfinished items. I crocheted up two dishcloths, trying to finish the spool. I did a few lines on HAED and worked some more on Aidan's blanket. I had negative progress for awhile when I found a mistake a few rows back and ha to take it out. I have hit the growing stage as it is so that is nice. I did realize at one point I added and then removed an extra stitch almost at the beginning but when I put a simple border on it shouldn't be noticeable at all unless you sit and count. So just don't do that ; ) and last night I worked a very little on the plastic canvas Barbie dollhouse I had started for Elora when I was pregnant with her. Here it is so far . I need to glue the corner of couch in place and add the door knobs and Velcro dots to the entertainment enter doors. I have most of the pieces completed for the hallway so I can start constructing that. I have to make a new foundation though. The one I had made got chewed on by the cats and then crushed in the move. That took forever, so I'm not really looking forward to it. I have given up on completing all the stockings I have requests for by this Christmas and I will give them out as I finish them instead of making deadlines. Apparently deadlines and me just don't mix.

I have also become addicted to the tv show Supernatural. My husband has been watching them on Netflix and after seeing him sit every night watching as many as he could till he finished all they had on Netflix I had to check it out myself. I have to say I'm glad I did. I could sit and watch Jensen Ackles all by himself for hours. He's great! Of course seeing his outtakes prior and having made me laugh, he skyrocketed on my tv crush list. He seems like a nice guy. So thank you hubby for getting me addicted, although you may be seeing less of me until I am all caught up : )

No comments:

Post a Comment