Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Sick again : (

I have finally been seen for this. It seems to have been going on for quite awhile but gradually getting worse. I know for sure it was happening 4 months ago. At first I thought I had the flu and got checked, the doctor thought it was gastroenteritis, but now it seems to reoccur every week to every two weeks for at least one day. I am missing work because of it. It's not H Pylori but they gave me some acid reflux meds hoping it will work. I've only been on them for less week. Went in last Thursday because I was having the issue again, they gave me the meds. Heartburn is gone, but yesterday at 1am I woke up sick again, lasted till 11am. By then I was exhausted. I am hoping the pills need a little longer to work their magic. If I'm going to be home I'd like to at least enjoy it instead of praying to the porcelain God. I have started a food diary to see if I can find something that is setting it off. Late last night I was well enough to stitch a little on Elora's plastic canvas house. I made the grandfather clock for the hallway. Other than that, nothing was done but sleep.

I was browsing some old bookmarks earlier and came across two of my favorite tole painting artists, Karen Wisner and Jamie Mills Price. Made me really want to do some painting again. When Miller Woodcrafts closes their business years ago I stocked up on wood cutouts for projects for both of them and during the move I found them again. I may have to refresh some of my supplies but I want to take up painting again. Of course that'll be after I finish some of these lingering WIPs I have already. I was browsing some of their new project books and already have some in my wishlist for later. I forgot how much I enjoyed it.

4 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you have been ill. Be sure to take it easy:) Also have the test for celiac disease. My brother battled with "issues" for years before finally figuring it out. Did you see Betterly's have a new house coming out? Pickett Pond

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, I'm sorry to hear about your brother. I looked it up, I don't have a lot of those symptoms but I won't rule anything out till I am all better. I did see the Pickett Pond announcement but I haven't seen any pictures yet. I have my fingers crossed I DON'T like it just so I'm not tempted to buy more stash. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I've taken the plunge and started kit of the month for Pickett Pond. It's just too adorable...you probably shouldn't look :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I looked! Eek! That is adorable! I will not buy it, I will not buy it. Maybe if I say it often enough I'll follow my own advice : / fortunately I have so much going on right now I couldn't possibly order it now....maybe later though...

    ReplyDelete