Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Finally, some pictures

And here they are...
 Foundation supports.
 Front of the house.
 This is the side that will have the dining table bottom left, kitchen right on the first floor up the stairs to the large hallway and bathroom, up to the third floor where I will have the kids room and possibly the laundry area.
 Another angle of the interior.
And finally the living room bottom, Master Bedroom second floor and the continuation of the kid's room on the third. I am reconciling myself to this attic kid's room slowly. The undressed doll is there for scale of the attic, she's 5.6". I am still working on her. I will be making/replacing all the walls on the second floor with ones that actually fit. I may change the layout once more before I finalize it but I think it looks nice this way. Also, that back corner will have a wall. I am playing with the idea of changing the bottom window of that wall into a door for the backyard. More realistic that way to me. The door I am thinking about is laying on the first floor in the living room. The mullions are sitting next to it. Lot's more work but I am taking my time as I want this one to actually get finished and done right.

2 comments:

  1. A little late to the party, but could you maybe do a mansard roof instead of the regular one? That would give you more head room in the attic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tht's a really good idea, it would involve a whole new roof I think. I think I'll mess with that when I get home. I would have to add some wall to the peaks, I could cover that with shingles on the outside. I would want to be sure that however I did it that the original and the additional wall piece a solid. I'd hate for the roof to break off over time.

    ReplyDelete