Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Window painting

After my triumph over the turntable base I have been slowly working on this house. After spending so much time working in quarter scale the past year this house is HUGE, but I love it. I have decided to accept the attic as is. I will arrange furniture and what not to maximize the space but I love the way the original roof looks. It tried other styles, like the mansard suggested but it would take a lot of materials that I don't want to splurge for, I'm saving up for lights instead. In the meantime I am painting away. I originally started the windows an trim in a white, but it was too stark, so I switched it to light ivory. I am much happier with that.

Also, while I was in the sawing mood I turned the back lower window into a single french door. My husband made me laugh when he asked what I was doing. When I told him my house was a fire hazard, there was no exit in case of a fire at the front of the house. My little people would be trapped. He gave me a confused look and asked "isn't their two open sides? Couldn't they just leave through the part with no wall." My response was, there are walls, you just can't see them, in which case a door is necessary. : ) Hey, it made perfect sense to me. Here's a picture of the window progress. They aren't glued in place, an won't be till I finish the interior walls but it's nice to see some progress. I forgot to mention I weathered the wall with windows in place. I will do that to all the walls. Seems more realistic to me. I will also weather the windows later too, I just haven't decided how.

No comments:

Post a Comment