Friday, August 9, 2013

Wall Delimma

First floor of the Holly Ann is glued in place. I have templates of their floors ready for the wood veneer flooring, as well as a porch template. Each room is set for what they will be but now that I am moving to the second floor think I may have a problem. In the house I want a living room, dining room, kitchen, entranceway, on the first floor. On the second a kid's room, master bedroom and a bathroom. My problem is because I was following the instructions implicitly the second floor space doesn't seem to have enough room to accomplish all that. I also don't like the room dividers it comes with, they seem incomplete and they are thick so matching them with replacement walls will be tough cutting without power tools. I figure I will sleep on it and hopefully I will find a solution in my dreams. While searching for images of completed houses I have come across two interior images of other people's attempts and it appears they reversed the first floor stair position somehow. Or maybe the kit was once remodeled? Either way the current configuration moves my staircase to the side and seems to take up more room that way. I'm stuck with that now, I just need to work with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment