Monday, August 12, 2013

Possible Redesign

Ok, I have been thinking about this for awhile now. The attic of the Holly Ann is 6.5 at the highest points. I think I can work the area to it's greatest advantages and turn it into a finished attic for the kids' room. This would leave the Master Bedroom, a curvy hallway and a bathroom on the second level. Might be able to put an antique sewing machine in the hallway, tune that area into a useful cozy space.
My thought to reconcile myself to this arrangement is that maybe they bought the house and were quickly surprised by two little bundles of joy. And since they already put so much into this home, in the nice neighborhood, that instead of the expense of moving they had a team come in to finish the attic space over into bedrooms. I am only 5' tall and my husband is under 6 feet by a few inches so it would be feasible for the husband to still be able to stand up in the room, all though standing near the walls would be unthinkable. I am still going through some ideas of maybe lowering the floor a half inch, or may be extending the pitch of the roof a little at the rear to accommodate wider/higher walls? Any suggestions out there? I still haven't found a picture online of the configuration my house has. No matter which direction I could have flipped those floors it would still be different. I want to finish this house and I want it to have all the rooms I desire, so I must find a solution. In the meantime I will be stitching away and making plans for the layout.

No comments:

Post a Comment