Wednesday, August 7, 2013

First day of school

Man was that tough for me. Aidan's first day of kindergarten was today. I thought I would be stronger and not cry. Now I'm just glad I made it out of the classroom and into the hallway before starting to cry. He seems to have had a great day and I am thrilled with that. It is a part of me mourning the fact that my boy is no longer a toddler or a baby any longer. It's just taking longer to come to grips with that then I was expecting. I requested today off because I was pretty sure I would be mentally drained and useless today. I was right. I wonder if I will ever be the kind of mother who feels relieved for school to start. At this moment that is a definite no.

So tonight after spending time with both kids and getting them to bed I took a little time to work on the dollhouse. I stained the front door and I have started cutting the veneer for the front porch. That's taking quite some time but I am doing it while watching tv so it's not as painful as it might otherwise be. No pictures tonight. I hope to have a progress picture soon.

1 comment:

  1. I was the same when mine started school. Followed the bus for the first one, crying the whole way. The relief for school starting comes later. So glad he had a good day!

    ReplyDelete